Three things make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken really awesome: 1) It looks and tastes like an elegant, impressive gourmet meal; 2) It's really quick and easy to make; and 3) It's healthy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts (recommend organic)
- 20 Asparagus Spears (with hard ends snapped or cut off)
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped (or 1 Tbsp. minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs (crushed crackers also works)
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley (dried)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness.
3) Coat a baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray.
4) Combine the butter, Dijon mustard, garlic, and wine in a bowl. Dip the chicken breasts into the mixture and place on baking sheet.
5) Place 5 asparagus spears on each chicken breast. Fold the chicken breast over the asparagus and secure with a toothpick. Turn the chicken seam-side down.
6) Mix the bread crumbs (or crackers), Parmesan cheese, and Parsley.
7) Sprinkle 1/4 of the breadcrumb mixture onto each chicken breast (see photo).
8) Bake for 30 minutes.
9) Remove toothpick and serve with a whole-grain pasta, brown rice, or a green salad.
Pair with a light Sauvignon Blanc or my personal go-to for most chicken or fish entrees--a dry Chardonnay.