Baked Kale Chips

4:13 AM


Kale--another one of those wonder foods!  It's filled with Vitamins A and K, phytochemicals to prevent cancer, and beta-carotene.  However, I just haven't quite been able to get myself to truly enjoy it (the bitter taste specifically).  The solution is to turn it into chips!  I've been reading about the Kale Chip craze for awhile, had yet to make it, until now.  I chose to modify Dale Barber from Bon Appetit's recipe (and recipes all over the internet) and give it a whirl.  This recipe is SO easy and healthy, and best of all--really really yummy.


Ingredients:

1 Bunch Kale (I plan on trying many varieties)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Sea Salt, to Taste


Directions:
1.  Preheat Oven to 300 Degrees F.
2.  Rinse and dry the kale.
3.  Cut the leaves (I took out the hard "bony" parts) into large pieces.
4.  Place leaves in a bowl with olive oil and sea salt.  Toss to coat.
5.  Spread the coated leaves on a baking sheet in a single layer.
6.  Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until crisp.  Let cool and Enjoy!




0 评论