The cold weather makes a nice warm spicy dish sound great. This jambalaya recipe is of the Creole (vs. Cajun) style, because it includes tomatoes. This recipe is quick and healthy, involving three different lean meats (chicken, shrimp, and turkey sausage) and a little spice to boost your mind and metabolism. Pair it with some tomatoes, celery, green peppers, and fiber-rich brown rice and you have a healthy, delicious meal, made in just minutes!
- 2 - 14 oz Cans Diced (or Stewed) Tomatoes
- 12-14 oz. Cooked Chicken, Diced
- 12-14 oz. Shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-removed)
- 12-14 oz Turkey Sausage, Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Peppers, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery (about 4 stalks)
- 2 Cups Instant Brown Rice
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Hot Sauce, as much as your taste buds can handle (I used Tabasco)
1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a light boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.