I wanted to make a sweet dessert using the classically delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I have a couple other recipes featuring this classic combination, including my: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars. So, naturally it's time to make a brownie version. I adapted a recipe I found on For the Love of Cooking, and the results are absolutely perfect.
3/4 Cup (1 1/2 Sticks) Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl (or Kitchenaid), combine the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt. Mix in vanilla. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
3. When the batter looks smooth and shiny, slowly mix in the flour until it's combined thoroughly.
4. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Pour batter into the baking dish.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and cut into small bite-size brownies.