Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Tomato & Goat Cheese Tart
I tried this recipe out as an appetizer for a "gourmet" meal I made at home for Aaron and I's two-year Wedding Anniversary and LOVED it. Thus, I'm sharing the recipe. This recipe is really easy, tasty, light, and healthy.
6 sheets Phyllo Dough (I used Athens)
Olive Oil or Butter Cooking Spray
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 (Globe--big round) Tomato, Sliced and Halved
2 - 2 1/2 oz Fresh Goat Cheese (I used Chavrie with herbs--in basic grocery stores)
2 tsp. Fresh Parsley
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place one thawed layer of phyllo dough on the baking sheet.
3. Lightly spray the first phyllo pastry sheet with cooking spray. Place another thawed layer of phyllo dough on top of the sprayed layer. Continue until you have all 6 layers.
4. Evenly place the tomato slices on top of the dough.
5. Cut or tear the goat cheese into small pieces (roughly 1/2" x 1/2") and evenly scatter on the dough and tomatoes.
6. Drizzle with the 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
7. Sprinkle the dough with the parsley and garlic.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown and the cheese is slightly melted.
Cut into 8 squares and enjoy!